Strawberries with a sugar coating are a delicious delicacy that combines the natural sweetness of strawberries with a crunchy sugar coating. Traditional recipes frequently call for corn syrup to accomplish the desired texture and stickiness. However, you may choose not to use corn syrup for personal or dietary reasons. So, how to make sugar coated strawberries without corn syrup?
The good news is that delectable sugar-coated strawberries can still be made without corn syrup. This article explores a straightforward and alternative method for making equally delicious sugar-coated strawberries. Prepare to indulge in this delectable dessert made without corn syrup!
How to Make Sugar Coated Strawberries Without Corn Syrup?
The sugar coating gives strawberries a delightful crunch and sweetens their already exquisite flavor. This recipe employs natural ingredients to create a healthier alternative to sugar-coated strawberries. Here’s the recipe:
- Fresh strawberries (about 1 pound or 450 grams)
- Granulated sugar (1/2 cup or 100 grams)
- Lemon juice (1 tablespoon)
- Water (1 tablespoon)
- Wash and thoroughly dry the strawberries. Wipe the items dry using a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel. It is essential, to begin with dry strawberries so the sugar coating will adhere appropriately.
- Combine the granulated sugar, lemon juice, and water in a small basin. Stir thoroughly until the sugar is dissolved and a syrup-like consistency is achieved. The lemon juice imparts a tart flavor and prevents the crystallization of the sugar.
- Completely coat each strawberry in the sugar liquid using a strawberry. You can secure the strawberry with a fork or toothpick while dipping it. Permit any excess syrup to drain.
- Place the strawberries with their coating onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Leave space between each strawberry to avoid them adhering together.
- Allow the strawberries to rest at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes so that the sugar coating can harden and form a crunchy exterior.
- Once the sugar coating has hardened, the strawberries can be consumed. Serve them on their own or as a topping for delicacies such as cakes, ice cream, or yogurt.
- You can add a sprinkle of cinnamon or a dash of vanilla extract to the sugar syrup mixture for additional flavor.
- If you prefer a denser coating, you can double-dunk the strawberries in the sugar syrup, allowing a few minutes of drying time between each dipping.
- Experiment with various sugars, such as powdered sugar and colored sugars, to create a visually enticing and distinctive presentation.
- Refrigerate the strawberries coated in sugar by placing them in an opaque container. Consume them within two days for optimal flavor and texture.
How To Store Sugar Coated Strawberries Without Corn Syrup?
- After making the candied strawberries, allow them to cool thoroughly at room temperature.
- Place the candied strawberries in a container with a tight seal. With a tight-fitting lid, glass or plastic containers are ideal for this purpose.
- Consider layering the strawberries with parchment paper to prevent them from adhering together.
- Place the container containing the strawberries in the refrigerator and maintain a temperature between 34 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Strawberries coated in sugar should be consumed within a few days of preparation.
How Long Do Sugar Coated Strawberries Last?
When properly prepared and stored, sugar-coated strawberries typically have a shelf life of 24 to 48 hours. The sugar coating serves to preserve the strawberries by forming a barrier that slows the loss of moisture. However, the strawberries will lose their freshness and texture as time passes.
To completely appreciate the flavors and textures of sugar-coated strawberries, they should be consumed immediately after preparation. While they can be preserved for up to two days, they are best when made fresh.
This was all about how to make sugar coated strawberries without corn syrup. Sugar-coated strawberries can be enjoyed without corn syrup. This straightforward alternative method can accomplish the same delicious results without sacrificing flavor or texture.
This alternative recipe will satiate your cravings whether you’re seeking a healthier option or simply want to avoid using corn syrup.
Thank you for reading!